|ABOUT THE CAPRION CLINICAL PROTEOMICS CENTER
The Caprion Clinical Proteomics Center provides a proteomics platform for collaborative projects aimed at the discovery, qualification and verification of candidate protein biomarkers in infectious disease. Projects would use well-defined clinical samples collected for diseases caused by NIAID Category A-C biodefense pathogens and emerging/re-emerging infectious disease pathogens.
The intent is to provide biomarkers to promote clinical improvements for disease diagnosis, prognosis, therapeutic monitoring, vaccine response monitoring, susceptibility to infection, or patient stratification according to drug response and disease stage.
The Caprion Clinical Proteomics Center is funded by NIAID contract # HHSN272200800047C.
HOW IT WORKS
For approved projects:
- You supply clinical samples and related information.
- We provide access to our state-of-the-art CellCarta proteomics platform, free of charge to the collaborating investigators.
WHAT YOU GET FROM IT
1. Candidate protein biomarker discovery.
2. Assays to quantify candidate biomarkers.
3. Qualification and subsequent verification of candidate biomarkers.
4. Data sharing with the scientific community.
5. Reagent distribution (e.g. clones, expression constructs, antibodies) by the Biodefense and Emerging Infections Research Resources Repository (BEI).
HOW TO ENGAGE US
We are available to consult with interested researchers regarding proposed projects, and to discuss study design, study goals and sample availability.